1. Pour half a teaspoon of cornstarch into the pot.
2. Pour a cup of water into the pot.
3. Heat and stir the pot of water and cornstarch solution until all the cornstarch is dissolved in the water. After heating, let everything cool.
4. Pour two teaspoons of the solution and one cup of water into one of the cups. Using the medicine dropper, add four drops of iodine into the solution. Your test solution is now done.
5. As an example, fill the second cup with water and drop the vitamin C tablet into the cup so that the tablet dissolves in water.
6. Pour two tablespoons of the test solution from step 4 into the third cup.
7. Using the medicine dropper, add one drop of the vitamin C solution into the test solution and stir. Continue adding more drops until a change is noticed.
8. Dissolve each food group in one cup of water, heating and blending in blender if necessary. Repeat steps 6 and 7 substituting or replacing vitamin C with one of the food groups.
DO NOT EAT OR USE ANY OF THE MATERIAL AFTER IT HAS BEEN USED IN THIS EXPERIMENT. IODINE IS POISONOUS!!!