Vitamin C and herpes

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

kilgore65

Vitamin C and herpes

Post Number:#1  Post by kilgore65 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:53 pm

I have had a severe case of oral herpes for nearly 3 years - complete with Candida cracks at the corners of my mouth (non-HIV related), and am trying to resolve this condition with high dosage of Vitamin C. I have read on the Foundation's website of a person who apparently eradicated outbreaks with a 14g/day regimen. I am relatively new to Vitamin C mega-dosing but am extremely pleased with the results - no more colds! I am reading Dr. Pauling's book 'How to Feel Better', but it doesn't say much about herpes. Additionally, I have been advised on this forum to consider a high-dosage intravenous injection of C, use of Livonlabs Lypo C, Lysine as well as high dosages of Vitamin D3 (10000 IU/daily) to get rid of the virus. Unfortunately, I don't have a doctor in my area who does the intravenous C injections. Is it possible to do this oneself safely? Also, I would like to hear the experiences of others of treating themselves for herpes using Vitamin C.

J.Lilinoe

Re: Vitamin C and herpes

Post Number:#2  Post by J.Lilinoe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:06 am

Yes, a high dose of Vitamin C and L-lysine will help you with herpes. Start off with taking 6 grams of Vitamin C and 4 grams of L-lysine.

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#3  Post by J.Lilinoe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:13 am

kilgore65 wrote: I don't have a doctor in my area who does the intravenous C injections. Is it possible to do this oneself safely? Also, I would like to hear the experiences of others of treating themselves for herpes using Vitamin C.

No, don't attempt any IV without a doctor. Stick with the supplements as they will work too.

kilgore65

Post Number:#4  Post by kilgore65 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Many thanks for your response. In your experience, will the 6g C / 4g Lysine daily regimen cure (eradicate) herpes, or control outbreaks only? Again, thanks.

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#5  Post by J.Lilinoe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:49 pm

I hope RALPH LOTZ is reading this thread because he said once that he had resolved his herpes outbreaks. I couldn't find his post on it. Ralph, can you help?

kilgore65

Post Number:#6  Post by kilgore65 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Update: I still have a mark on the back of my neck that appears to be the locus of the herpes infection. I am upping my Vitamin C intake to 20g/daily on the weekends (can't handle the gastric problems at work). Surprised at how easy it is to tolerate 20g otherwise. Any comments?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:40 am

Are you using Lipospheric C from LivonLabs.com?

I ask because I was talking with Dr. Thomas Levy over the weekend
and although he is one of the world's leading proponents of I.V. vitamin
C, he told me that he is actually seeing BETTER results with Lypo-C
than with IV treatments.

If this wasn't Doctor Levy, and I hadn't heard it from the horse's mouth,
I would be much more skeptical.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

kilgore65

Post Number:#8  Post by kilgore65 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:54 pm

No, I am not using the Lypo C. I'm sure it's an excellent product, but I have been dissuaded from trying it because of its cost. I am getting very good results from a higher dosage of C (15g/20g daily), and am pretty confident that I can eradicate the herpes using it. After just one day of high C usage, the reddish cracks at the corners of my mouth and the mark on the back of my neck - both indicators of oral herpes infection that I have suffered for almost 3 years - began to fade somewhat dramatically. I may try the Lypo C if the situation doesn't completely resolve using the high C, D and Lysine solutions I am using at present.

rider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by rider » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:14 am

since using vc no more lipsoares for me anymore... Never had, untill infected by a good friend of mine after a kiss... Every 2 years it would come back.. now it's over/gone for several years on a row.. :D
Life's to short to be bored.
TC & have fun!

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by Ralph Lotz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:36 pm

I have had outbreaks of both herpes and shingles for over 40 years. I have managed to keep them under control since I increased my D3 to about 6200 IU daily.

Both sugar and stress suppress the immune system. The key to good health is for us all to find ways of alleviating stress. Be sure to avoid high arginine foods such as chocolate and nuts which compete with lysine during an outbreak.

If I feel anything coming on, I immediately increase ascorbic acid to bowel tolerance, add a few packets of Lypospheric-C at night, increase activated quercetin and D3 to 50,000 IU along with a couple extra EGCG tablets.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

kilgore65

Post Number:#11  Post by kilgore65 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks for y'all's responses. I am continuing with the 20g/per day dose and am continuing to get good results. Interestingly enough, I recently looked at Dr. Klenner's clinical guide to the use of C the other day and noted his advise that 20g/day orally would “erase this form of malignancy.” http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/ ... e_1988.htm. Following the first few large doses, I could actually feel the ascorbate 'eat away' remnant Candida/viral infection at the corner of my mouth. By the next morning, the skin had normalized. Also, the reddish spot at the back of my neck indicative of a oral herpes infection has faded to a normal skin color. All this from just four days of a 20g dose. Nowhere have I seen in the literature (Klenner, Cathcart and Pauling) an indication of how long one must maintain a large dose to effectively rid oneself of herpes, but I think a few more days to a week at 20g would do the trick. However, I think I will try to permanently maintain the large dose, similar to what Klenner and Pauling took on a daily basis to allow my body to restore itself and maintain optimal health.

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#12  Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Ralph Lotz wrote:Re: Vitamin C and herpes
I have had outbreaks of both herpes and shingles for over 40 years. I have managed to keep them under control since I increased my D3 to about 6200 IU daily.

Both sugar and stress suppress the immune system. The key to good health is for us all to find ways of alleviating stress. Be sure to avoid high arginine foods such as chocolate and nuts which compete with lysine during an outbreak.

If I feel anything coming on, I immediately increase ascorbic acid to bowel tolerance, add a few packets of Lypospheric-C at night, increase activated quercetin and D3 to 50,000 IU along with a couple extra EGCG tablets.

Thanks Ralph. I hope your response will be archived somewhere so that we can find it when the question comes up again.

Return to “Archive”