The Case for Vitamin C Against Cancer

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

The Case for Vitamin C Against Cancer

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:17 am

eDoc's 'Hype' post was challenging. The following youtube lectures on vitamin C and Cancer provide a large segment of clinical opinions on the value of "mega dose" vitamin C treating cancer. These videos are amazing. There is a lot to learn, including the fact that Dr. Driscol (KS) is now the head of ACAM and she has gotten direct FDA approval to use vitamin C for breast cancer.

Intravenous Vitamin C For Terminal Cancer Patients

Mega Doses of Vitamin C (cancer cure) (Andrew Saul)

Intravenous Vitamin C as a Cancer Therapy

What to do After A Cancer Diagnosis

The TRUTH about HEALING CANCER with VITAMIN C (Gordon)

Cure for Cancer - Intravenous Vitamin C (news report!)

Many Ways Vitamin C Affects Cancer & Health (Riordin)

Vitamin C IV Fights Cancer

How Vitamin C Fights Cancer

The Truth About Healing Cancer With Vitamin C Intro

IV Vitamin C Curing Cancer and Infections. (Dr. Levy)

Can Vitamin C Heal Cancer Or Bring People Back From The Dead? (Andrew Saul)

Linus Pauling: High dose vitamin C is a cure for cancer, AIDS and heart disease!

Vitamin C Intravenous - The Riordan Protocal
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: The Case for Vitamin C Against Cancer

Post Number:#2  Post by eDOC » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Thanks for posting the YT links, btw I don’t watch med YTs or listen to webinars and am glad that this doc got a FDA approval to treat Cancers.

My views about IVC in mega doses to treat early diagnosed Cancers and acute infections etc....... issues with patient compliance and too slow to show any positive results. (As posted earlier I can take an IV ranging from 60-120 grams in 45 mins but it’s not easy for a patient to take multiple IVs in one day.)

IVC cannot treat or cure a terminal cancer or chronic infection.

When I treat a person, my goal is results at the same time watching how a patient is withstanding the treatment. People with advanced disease have issues with compliance and get fed up when see none results.

IVC can only (may be) treat very acute infections and early cancers with all favorable med variables, but never advanced like in a person with chronic hep C and hepatorenal failure or Ca breast with mets.

My modalities work for all acute and chronic illnesses with person’s compliance and quick results.

I know it’s not a contest, but just a hypothetical scenario, Ca Breast is the most common and deadly among women, give your friends 5 patients and give me 5 and let’s see where they stand after 3-6 months. 5 cause if it’s 1, can be a mere coincidence, fluke for either.

My personal views....... you win I lose, end of the debate. Bottom line people VC can do ANYTHING......... but to be honest and frank not in my experience.

Best regards!
Rookie, rusty, subaverage doc but one that gives results. Finally my last posts. If I can be of any assistance contact Owen, email, Skype, Whatsapp, Hangouts. But do remember as my friend Owen says "You get what you Pay for", so no freebies.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: The Case for Vitamin C Against Cancer

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:59 am

IVC cannot treat or cure a terminal cancer or chronic infection.

Which should be qualified, "based on your personal clinical experience", correct eDoc? (especially since you won't look at the experience of other doctors :-)

To be precise, Pauling and Cameron never made the claim of a vitamin C cure for cancer. If you view the very first video in the first post, you'll see a comprehensive analysis of the Pauling/Cameron study. The claim is that for this very simple and safe modality, the patients "lived longer and felt better." Substantially longer.

And as I mentioned, our alternative cancer doc feels like you in that he has not seen the success you might expect with IV/C from the Cameron/Pauling study.. That spurred him to try and find out why, and he uncovered the interesting tidbit that "cherry flavoring" and "sorbitol" had been added to the oral sodium ascorbate because the patients complained of taste.

Dear Owen,

I believe I have found more clues to how Cameron's cancer patients responded better than subsequent patients on IV/C.

While checking about something else, I came across the website of Dr. Arnold Smith of Mississippi. He explains how he had numerous conversations years ago with Dr. Cameron while he was alive. Dr Smith reports something that I never heard of in any of the published literature from that time.

The patients daily took 10g of ascorbic acid orally in large pills, but did not like it. So he and a compounding pharmacist reformulated a different procedure. They drank a solution of sodium ascorbate plus sorbitol plus cherry flavor. Well now!

That means something important to me.

It has recently come to light more and more about the low carbs diet being necessary to beat cancer. OK then, someone drinking something sweet several times daily everyday is going to tend to not crave yet more sweets. This should contribute however inadvertently to a low or lower than average carbs diet and could even be ketogenic since sorbitol is little metabolized and considered a low caloric sweetener. Furthermore, the literature supports a pro-apoptic effect in some tumors.

Next cherry flavor contains significant amounts of benzaldehyde. This substance is notably damaging to tumors by reacting with their precious thiol groups and disrupting thiol-disulfide and redox metabolism. The sodium ascorbate may also have assisted to remove metabolic acids as most cancer patients are moderately acidotic. I have attached some relevant references.

Enjoy! and Merry Christmas!

T. H.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”