Taking Standard Process, but Blood Pressure Going Up

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Taking Standard Process, but Blood Pressure Going Up

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:45 am

triple by-pass in 2000
blood pressure runs approx. 160/105-110
which vit. c product may help and in what dosage
have only been using Standard process and other supplements since heart surgery (no Drugs) but blood pressure is going up and is my main concern
w. m.

According to Linus Pauling and others, the root cause of the entire problem (heart disease) is not enough vitamin C. Standard Process may be excellent, but you need ordinary vitamin C, perhaps 10,000 mg or more daily. Usually this amount is too much to consume safely in pill form. I do not know whether Standard Process makes a simple 500 mg ascorbic acid tablet, but if they do, this is what you should start with. 500 mg every 3/4 waking hours.

I would also add lysine - a 500 mg tablet - at the same time.

If there is no bowel reaction, then you can tolerate this amount and should increase to 1000 mg every 3/4 hours, etc. See: http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

Increase in blood pressure can mean either arterial narrowing or, after heart surgery, probably arterial calcification caused by the blood thinning prescription drugs. If your arteries are hardening, then vitamin K is necessary, see our forum for recommendations on type and dosage ( e.g. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7453 ).

Re: our products: they are based around vitamin C and lysine in the form of a pleasant tasting drink mix. They avoid all the pills, and each provides addition nutrition recommended by Pauling and others for heart disease. The choice depends on economic circumstance, supplements you currently take, etc. See: http://paulingtherapy.com/products.html for a general comparison.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”