Stroke

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Stroke

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:02 am

Dear friend Owen.
I received your 6/27 shipment yesterday [Cardio-C]..

Point of interest. I had a stroke a month ago and have gone through all the medical hoops and am recovering fine. On my release from the hospital they gave me a list of all the drugs, vitamins and supplements they wanted me to be taking. To my surprise they listed 5 grams a day of vitamin C, just what I am taking of your mix. I assume that the lysine and proline that yours contains will not present any problems. I am taking the heart drug amiodarone to control atrial fibrillation and coumadin and 81 mg. aspirin daily. They had me down for Crestor but I don't want any statin drugs. I checked with Dr. [deleted] and he doesn't think my cholesterol reading warrants it.
Thanks for listening,
Al B.

Can you provide more background? I see you have been on Pauling's Therapy (Cardio-C) for a few months. What medications are you on an for how long?

Also, I am impressed that an orthodox hospital/cardiologist recommended 5 grams of vitamin C! Wow, maybe we are making progress.

I do not think the lysine/proline presents any risk, and has many potential benefits.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Stroke

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:06 am

Friend Owen. My medical history has a checkered past. I have been treated for heart Arhythmia for several years culminating in a catheter ablation a year and a half ago. That took care of a "flutter" but still left the arhythmia with a small dose of metropolol and sufficient coumadin to control any clotting which might result from the arhythmia attacks which weren't often.

I got tired of all the hassle and expense of the coumadin and went off of it last August. This wasn't a wise move though I thought I could get anticoagulants from supplements. So I was not on Coumadin when I started Cardio-C though I continued with the beta blocker. I was making progress in strengthening my heart and was really surprised when I had the stroke. The cardiologists summarized the causes by assuming I had an arhythmiatic attack
with a resultant blood clot that moved to my brain. It really dumped me over but all the Mds were amazed at my quick recovery as they rated my stroke a five on a scale of ten. I attribute that to the strength of my heart.

Recovery entailed two hospitals (one local, one in Eugene) and 7 days in a therapy center. The therapy doctor who released me summarized all the medicines, vitamins and supplements I was to take on leaving. However, he only passed on the info that came along with me from the other institutions. I tried to find out which doctor recommended which drugs but he couldn't trace each one down. In the whole process I have received billings from 7 different Mds. ( I didn't know that dying could be so complicated)

So I'm assuming that the Vitamin C recommendation was from the cardiologists. The ones I go to have their offices in the Oregon Vascular Center in the multi-milliondollar new Sacred Heart hospital in Eugene, However, I found them also on the internet listed under "non-invasive" heart treatments.(Check them out) I have appreciated them all along as I had a bad heart valve to begin with and they weren't at all aggressive about a transplant. This has proven out for the good as the valve has healed considerably and my heart is really strong. The catheter ablation was done without surgery. A long tube was inserted through the artery in my leg with a camera and a high frequency electrode in the end. In essence, they cauterized a spot on my heart that intercepted the nerve impulses from the
brain that were causing the flutter. A "flutter" is a rapid heart beat of up to 200 beats per minute, something I can do without. The Dr. [M] who performs this operation has a national reputation for his expertise. He is now able to perform a similar thing for arhythmia, inserting a probe from each side of the chest and apparently cautetrizing the nerves causing that.

I am expecting him to present it to me on one of my next checkups, since they feel the heart problems bring on the strokes. Al

As I reread this account, it occurs to me that your actual vitamin C requirement may be much higher than 5000 mg. Do you know what your tolerance is?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Stroke

Post Number:#3  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:23 pm

The common thread here is magnesium deficiency and probably omega-3 deficiency. Both help to control heart rythmn and proper blood clotting.

Recent research shows that fish oil is preferred to flaxseed oils and other high alpha-linolenic oils because almost none of the vegetable oils are coverted to DHA.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”